The NEAOG formed in 1987 under the leadership of Mike Kelley ('70), Ross ('81) and Stacy McNutt ('88),
and Bob McNamera ('66). The First Academy Night began in 1990 and Lt Gen Charlie Hamm (the then
Academy Superintendent) was the first guest speaker. Since then, most every Superintendent, Commandant
and Dean has visited the NEAOG, which has grown to be one of the most active Academy Alumni organizations.
The NEAOG currently has over 75 active members.
2011 through 2016, the National AOG awarded the NEAOG the Distinguished Chapter Award.
The NEAOG mission is promote the common interests of United States Air Force Academy Alumni, Cadets,
Family and Friends, Liaison Officers, and Candidates in the New England area.
Additionally, the NEAOG has the following objectives:
- Assist the National AOG in supporting Academy Cadets and Philanthropic activities
- Be an active information source for local Air Force and USAFA activities
- Provide a forum to meet and network with USAFA graduates living and working in New England and beyond
- Establish mentoring opportunities that connect experienced Alumni with those seeking advice and support
- Celebrate Academy heritage
The NEAOG is honored to have had such great leadership over the years from past Presidents:
Stacy McNutt ('88), Roger Thrasher ('86), Janet Polaneczky ('86), Ken Hasegawa ('81), Tery Szanto ('81),
David Chaffee ('77), Bruce Hevey ('75), Darryl Scott('74), Brian Kessler ('70), Bob Johnson ('68),
Bob Hovde ('64), and Bob McNamara ('66).
The NEAOG continues to be a proud supporter of The United states Air Force Academy Endowment.